My Account
  • Home
  • Shop
  • About
  • News
  • Fun
  • Contact

David Attenborough heard about Mr Toby's Dolphin and wrote such an encouraging letter to us, wishing Grumpy Sheep Music every success with it. We were so thrilled!


Buy Now

Mr Toby's Dolphin

by Caroline Hoile

Digital Sheep! Download & Advance Licence: £45.00


Turn the tide on plastic pollution with our brand NEW primary school musical. Mr Toby's Dolphin highlights wonderful marine creatures, issues regarding the use of plastic, and the need for healthy oceans. It's a great way to follow up Blue Planet ll in schools, and a creative way to raise awareness and encourage children to think about the issues involved - and to take action! It includes fabulous information-packed songs about turtles, fish, dolphins, albatross and whales, and, crucially, our vibrant 'Say No To Plastic' song.

Complete with story, music and MP3!

For 6 to 11 years, 9 new songs
Performance Time approximately 55 minutes

Mr Toby's Dolphin supports the KS1 and KS2 science curriculum and relates to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals 12 and 14.

Our NEW musical about ocean plastic, with fabulous songs about marine creatures!
Product Information
The Wonders Of The Sea
Say No To Plastic!
The Cod Fish
A Healthy Ocean
Listen to more

A performing licence is needed to stage this musical. You can buy an advance licence with the musical.

Buy Now
which version do I want
Digital Sheep! Download & Advance Licence

This is the complete musical delivered to you straight away as an MP3 and PDF 'Digital Sheep! Download.' It's just the same as the book and CD in digital format. If you buy this option, you will be able to...


  • Instantly download the story, sheet music, songs and backing tracks from this musical.
  • Start your children singing our lovely songs straight away!
  • Quickly get organised sorting out all the parts!



We do ask you to remember that our Digital Sheep! Download for this production is licensed to you to use only within your school or organisation. It is copyright material and must not be shared with any others outside of your school or organisation in any way whatsoever, either online or offline.

Total: £0.00 add to basket

You might also like...

Thank you for choosing to perform a unique Grumpy Sheep Musical! We create each musical with great love and care, and we very much hope that you will enjoy your performances as much as we enjoy composing and writing the works.

If you are producing a programme for your performance please acknowledge in print that the musical is written by Caroline Hoile and published by Grumpy Sheep Music - Similarly, if you are making an introductory or concluding speech, please give your audience the above information.

Below are the general legal guidelines to the most usual licensing and copyright topics. Please read them through and if you have any further queries, please call Grumpy Sheep Music on 0191 239 9229 or email We are always happy to give advice.

For teaching purposes, the use of the material in our musicals or songbooks is freely allowed. However, if you intend to perform our musicals or songs to anyone other then staff and schoolchildren, or reproduce the lyrics of our songs, the following legal requirements must be observed:

To Perform our Musicals and Nativities...
Whether or not you charge for admission, if you perform any one of our musicals or nativities you need to buy a performance licence for that particular musical from Grumpy Sheep Music. Our Performing Licence will allow your to put on any number of performances for the specific musical within a 9 month period. You need to buy a performance licence to perform Grumpy Sheep musicals wherever performances take place in the world. The licence protects your school/organisation against any infringement of copyright. (Please note, a Performing Rights Society (PRS) licence does not cover Grumpy Sheep musicals and nativities.)

We offer schools, nurseries, churches and playgroups several ways of obtaining Performing Rights Licences:-

a) Traditional Performing Licence
Grumpy Sheep Music licences are now available to buy individually as a stand alone item on the product page of each musical online. Just select your Instant Performance Licence from the 'Buy now' table at any time before your performances take place. (Please note, if you are selling tickets or wish to record your performance this licence will not cover you. Instead please copy and complete the Performance Rights Licence form found on the last page of your musical and return it to us.)

Alternatively the back page of each of our musicals incorporates a Performing Rights Licence application form. If you prefer to apply for this in the traditional way, just photocopy and complete the form, then either email ( fax (0191 2475740) or post it to us at Grumpy Sheep Music, PO Box 152, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE7 7WB. We will then assess it according to the information supplied and invoice. Please give us an accurate email address and we'll email the licence back to you asap. If you need a PRL form in a hurry please go to Performance Rights Licences on our How to Order page and download a form.

You can apply for a traditonal licence at any time before you intend to perform our musical. It covers unlimited performances of the specific musical for 9 months from the date of issue.

b) Advance Performing Licence
This licence can only be purchased at the same time as ordering the Book & CD of the same title. It can't be bought separately or at a later date. The Advance Licence costs £12.50 for our Simply Special mini-musical, £15.00 for each of the Early Years musicals and £17.50 for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 1/2 musicals. The option to buy the Advance Licence online only appears when you select a quantity from the Book & CD drop down menu in the 'Buy now' table.

The Advance Licence is useful if you know that you will be performing a specific musical in the near future. It can be ordered at the same time as the musical and will be cheaper to buy than our traditional licence.

Grumpy Sheep Music advance licences allow unlimited performances of a specific musical only, within a 9 month specified period. (This licence is intended only for use by playgroups, schools, church groups etc. It is not intended for use, for example, by theatre and stage schools who need to contact us directly to obtain a licence to perform any of our works.)

If you intend to make video or audio recordings of any of our works, you must contact us to arrange a separate licence in order to do this. This audio/video licence can be arranged after the purchase of the advance or instant performance licence.

To Perform our Songs...
If you want to perform any of our songs in public, even on school premises, to anyone other than schoolchildren and staff, royalty payments apply. Schools often have an agreement with the Performing Rights Society (PRS) for this. If you have such an agreement, please inform the PRS about the performance of any of our songs. If your organisation does not have a PRS agreement, please contact Grumpy Sheep Music directly to obtain a licence.

To Reproduce our Lyrics...
If you intend to reproduce our song lyrics or musical scores in school or church, for example for the incorporation of lyrics into a programme, or overhead transparencies, a licence will be needed. Grumpy Sheep Music is a member of CCLI (Christian Copyright Licensing) who permit photocopying or reproduction of song lyrics and musical scores to schools and churches who hold the appropriate licences. If you hold a CCLI licence, please log the song lyrics or music that you have used in your CWCL, CWMRL, CCL or MRL report. If your organisation does not hold an appropriate CCLI licence, please contact Grumpy Sheep Music for the necessary permission.

Video, Audio and DVD Recordings
Please contact us if you want to make any audio or video recordings of any of our material, as a separate licence is required. This applies whether you intend to sell on any recordings or distribute them for free. The traditional licence form incorporates information about video and audio recordings, but the advance licence and instant performance licence does not. If any recordings are to be made a separate licence is required. Please let us know the total number of recordings ultimately being duplicated, not just the one original recording you will be making.

File- Sharing, Copying & Uploading
Our download files are copyright. When you purchase a digital download only you are licensed to use it, solely within your school or organisation. You must not share our files, by any means, with any other individual or group. Our downloads must not be placed on a school parent portal or the internet. Similarly our CDs must not be copied. We supply extra packs of CDs.

Helpful Contacts
The following links may be of use:

content bottom